Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Pumpkins!

What? Christmas pumpkins? How can that be?! Well I love pumpkins and I hate throwing things away! So I was on a mission to turn my perfectly good pumpkins into a Christmas decoration because I couldn't stand the thought of tossing them out. Plus, I have no outdoor decorations since we've only lived in apartments, and really didn't have it in my budget to buy any. I remembered seeing a stack of pumpkins painted like a snowman once and thought I'd give it a try.

barn birdie | Upcycle your pumpkins for the Holidays!

I really love the grey pumpkins and wanted to keep them. I decided on grey, white and gold for my color palette which meant I'd obviously have to make it a glamorous snow-lady. For the base, I painted the orange pumpkin white with Miss Lillian's No-Wax Chock Paint in Snowflake. How appropriate!

barn birdie | Upcycle your pumpkins for the Holidays!


Then I realized that her head was cream colored compared to the base. Being the person that I am I decided to put a coat of paint on it so they'd match!

barn birdie | Upcycle your pumpkins for the Holidays!

I painted her face and gold polka dots with acrylic paint and found some ribbon for a sweet little bow on top. She's cute but missing something. I think I'll find her a scarf.


I painted these too! I have a few small white ones that I may paint with different patterns to mix in.



-M




No comments:

Post a Comment