Thursday, February 26, 2015

Things to do on a Snowy Day

They say you should be careful what you wish for. And damn it, they were right again. It is snowing again. Just when I though it was going to all melt away I woke up to a winter wonderland that I didn't even know was coming. So in case you're snowed in like me here are a few things you can do today that will make you feel accomplished even if you can't accomplish things you had hoped to accomplish today. Such as using the word accomplish 3 times in one sentence...yes! #imanerd

We just recently scored this gorgeous set of mid-century dressers from Vintage Mid-Century Frederick's booth at Cannon Hill Antiques and I absolutely love them! So last weekend when it snowed I decided it was time to pull out some of the artwork we had piled up in storage to make the room feel a little more complete.

Master Bedroom Mid Century Furniture
Master Bedroom Mid Century Furniture

**In case you don't know this about me, I'm a perfectionist and I totally over think things. So it's taken me 4 months to figure out that even if this stuff isn't what I want on the walls permanently, it's okay to go ahead and hang it because the bare walls were driving me nuts! Whew! I'm glad I finally figured it out. Because our bedroom feels so much better.

Alternative Wall Decor
Alternative Wall Decor Hats

SO! 1. Pull that stuff out that you aren't sure if you want and just hang it already! Yes you may want to switch it out later but that is okay. A room full of bare walls, on the other hand, not okay.

Dream Catcher

2. If you're like me and you love baking, then you probably already know that snow days are the best days to bake. It warms your house up, makes it smell good, and gives you that cozy home feeling. I know it's not exactly some grand, new idea that you were hoping for from this post. I mostly just wanted an excuse to share these gorgeous cupcakes my sister made from scratch!

Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes

They were lemon blackberry and so delicious. AND SO PRETTY! Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try– Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting

3. Write love notes to some friends you may not get to talk to as much as you'd like. You can get crafty with it, or use some of that stationary that is piling up in your desk drawer. Everyone loves receiving snail mail, like the good kind...not bills. It will definitely brighten their day, and who knows it might lead to a much needed get together.

Typewriter
via
 4. Clean. I know, this sounds pretty lame. But at the end of the day when you light a candle and plop down on your couch to do number 5, you'll be so pleased that you did. Plus, cleaning can be a great workout for people like me who don't like to actually work out.

Reading in Bed
via
5. Find a new series on netflix and binge watch the rest of the night. Or cozy up with a cup a tea and read that book you've been wanting to read but haven't found the time. After all, you had a productive day. ;)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment