Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Suggestion: Research Tons.

I always knew my wedding would have vintage flair. But as I researched more and more my tastes changed and what I thought I wanted became the last thing that I wanted. You only have 1 wedding (or hopefully anyway) and so you don't want to look back and think, ya know I wish I would have done it differently. And you also don't want your hopes a dreams to change as you research more only after you've already booked your venue and bought decorations. My suggestion: research TONS. I have spent countless hours looking at wedding blogs (which are usually better than some of the more commercial sites), some of my favorites include Style Me Pretty and Green Wedding Shoes. I also found BRIDES to be better than the The Knot, which can tend to assume you are spending tens of thousands of dollars on your wedding, which may or may not be the case. Find your favorite websites or blogs and let them inspire you. Find out ALL of your options and bookmark everything you love! It's easy to forget really great ideas that you think you'll remember, but in reality it's a long and pretty overwhelming process so write everything down. You'll be glad you took the extra effort when it you begin to really get into the planning process. It will also help your wedding be cohesive, and it's better to have too many options than not enough. This way you can really pinpoint what you're looking for, what is you, and what makes your wedding unique.

Here are some photos that inspired me and helped to convince me that a barn wedding was a fantastic idea that could still be very chic!

Images found at http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/gallery/rustic-barn-wedding+672/2
 Happy Planning

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment