Friday, July 1, 2011

The Hunt Begins!

I know, I know, I've been slacking. But I haven't forgotten- I've just been crazy busy! I visited Kc and Scout in New Jersey, and the day after I came home (I hadn't even unpacked) I was off again to an auction on the eastern shore which is a WHOLE other story. And not to mention a very eye opening experience. 
But good news! Ready for it? I have made an appointment to begin the hunt! The hunt for my wedding dress! While visiting downtown, my mom and I stumbled across TLC Bridal Boutique. The lady (bc I unfortunately cannot remember her name) was very helpful in giving us tips and other information to help my search. I have come across a few dresses online that I really like and have helped me figure out what it is that I am looking for. Because although I have spent countless hours watching Say Yes to the Dress, when it really came down to it I just had no idea. But here are a few that caught my eye:

Vera Wang for Davids Bridal
 I love the back of this dress (also David's Bridal) and the little shoulder straps. Since it is a barn wedding I want something fairly simple and doesn't look like a ball gown or is overwhelming. It will just look silly in the setting. And will be hot and uncomfortable in a venue without an air conditioning-hope it's not too hot!

Monique Lhullier Spring 2011
The last dress is a mere dream, because it is somewhere between 5 and 7 thousand dollars. It would be the most expensive part of our wedding (by a lot) which just feels a little absurd, personally. Especially when I know I can find a beautiful dress that I will love for less money. But I know I want a dress with a vintage feel-I want lace, buttons (I'm obsessed with buttons), preferably some kind of strap because I find it more flattering, and not satin- it's shiny and heavy. All in all I can't wait to try the first one on! Wish me luck! :)

Happy Planning
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment