Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Barbecue? I think yes. Thanks Kate.

September is almost here which means we are at the one year mark...which means we really need to start planning! So Kc and I were discussing food options since we haven't even really thought about it much before tuesday, no, Monday. I was originally trying to keep away from anything too terribly casual as far as food goes because the reception is already taking place in a barn and I didn't want it to feel too country. But the more I've thought about it, the less I imagine us sitting around eating Chicken Marsala or Filet Mignon. I just want something really tasty! And no one wants to eat really heavy food (or what I call winter food) on a late summer day. 

So why fight it? All along I knew what I want.
I want pulled pork, pit beef, roasted vegetables, maybe a baked potato and
macaroni & cheese station (not together but a choose your toppings type deal),
THE WORKS. Coleslaw and Baked Beans for those who like it.
Pasta Salad and Grilled Peaches. Not together. But you get the idea.
It's messy, different and most importantly delicious! 

WOAHHH Right now, no kidding, I'm listening to Pandora and Kate Nash comes on and says: Barbecue food is good.
A SIGN. Barbecue it is.
Here are some inspiring pics of a barbecue style wedding found on Ruffled:

I love the idea of using funky furniture. I'm dying to have a cool old couch!
You know how I love mason jars...this would give me an excuse to buy tons of them :)

So anyway, thanks to Pandora and Kate Nash, I think the decision has been made. Sounds yummy. Sometimes you have to listen to your gut and feel what's right. I also think it is important to let your venue to influence your decisions. After all, you don't want large aspects (or small for that matter) to feel out of place. And your venue really sets the mood. So if your venue is a Ballroom-do it up! If it's your local park- maybe go with a picnic style reception. Stay true to your own personal styles.

Happy Planning!
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment