Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DIY Drink Tags/ Place Cards!

Hiya!

Today I completed my first DIY project today! At each seat will be a Mason Jar with a tag tied on with some twine, so not only will the drinks have tags on them so they don't get mixed up, but they will also serve as place cards. This way we'll cut down on materials and cost and time! 

I used the circle hang tags with metal on the edge. They were a little pricey but much cheaper than the ones that have string (instead of the little metal ring). I'm not really sure why but the string ones were really expensive, I liked the metal ring anyway! I got them from staples but you can find them other places too.



I didn't like how white they were. I wanted them to have an aged feel. So I dyed them! I used a mixture of tea and coffee. I left them in for 15 minutes and then laid them out on a paper towel to dry.


Ahhh, much better :) Now they look old and rustic! If you leave the rings on they add a little extra grunge, they sort of stain the tags as well, which i may or may not have wanted. BUT I am way too impatient to sit there and pull them all off to put them right back on. I also got impatient waiting for them to dry so I pulled out the iron and in between two towel i ironed them. It helped some but they were still a little damp when I was writing the names one...but my super thin marker didn't seem to mind, I just had to be a little careful. 

Here is the finished product!


I'm rather pleased with myself! I decided to keep it simple and hand write everyone's names on them. I may eventually make a little stamp to put on the back. Yes, you know, I think I will do that!


Happy DIY-ing!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment