Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy birthday to me! And turkey day tablescapes!

Today is my birthday!

It has been a great day! Kc took the day off to make me breakfast in bed, take me shopping and then we had the best dinner at Morimoto's restaurant! I highly recommend eating there if you get the chance- it's so cool inside, they're so nice and the food was superb!

On a different note, it's almost Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my loving husband, my cuddly puppy, and our incredibly kind and giving parents. I am so blessed in my life and like most, there are so many people, things and opportunities that I take for granted.

It's easy to get caught in a same-old same-old rut during the holiday season. Each year, we gather with the same people, typically at the same house and eat the same food. While family traditions are great, don't let traditions spoil your creativity! Here is a way to pair the old with the new.

Try using old books to give height to your centerpieces like this:


Incorporate old family photos into your centerpiece to honor those who are not present. And I just love the pear place cards!



Pull out your family heirlooms! Not everyday feels special enough to use some of the most beautiful and precious things we own.

All of these photos were found at Country Living - check out their website for some great ideas!
Happy Thanksgiving! 

M

No comments:

Post a Comment